A New Inexpensive Way to Upgrade
Transform Your RV Using Retique It Liquid Wood.
Give Your RV Countertops a New Wood Finish
One of the biggest issues with adding real wood to an RV is the weight it adds. Thankfully there is a new innovative solution to this problem. Retique It® liquid wood products and kits allow for a quick and inexpensive transformation, which gives the look and feel of real wood without all the hassle, weight and expense.
For this transformation the countertops were redone using the Retique It® Countertop Kit in Barn Wood. The kit has everything you need so that completing your project can be quick and easy. It even includes your brush and topcoat. Now transforming your old RV can be simple and doesn't require heavy sanding or removal of old countertops or surfaces.
- Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
- Rinse off any residue with warm water.
- Lightly scuff up any glossy or smooth surfaces to give them tooth.
- 1-part rubbing alcohol and 1-part water.
- Krud Kutter® (Found in most hardware stores)
2 coats are all you need. Make final strokes long in the direction you want the grain.
- Clean your brush after each coat.
- Allow 2 hours for each coat to dry completely.
- If you are limited on time, then use a blow dryer (Dry time may take as little as 5 minutes when using a blow dryer on high heat)
If you want a smooth finish you can skip this step. Your brush strokes will make a subtle grain.
- Apply a thin coat of Wood'n Stain in plank sized sections.
- Pull the graining tool through each section while coat is still wet.
- To achieve a wood knot, move your thumb downward and back up quickly while pulling the graining tool in a smooth continuous stroke (From one end to the other without stopping).
- For best results, don't rock the graining tool back and forth too often or else your surface will appear unnatural.
- If you don't like the grain then apply another coat of Wood'n Stain over that section and grain it again.
- Bedroom slits
If you ordered a kit that does not include the topcoat then you must make sure the topcoat you use is appropriate for the project, ie interior, exterior, high traffic, etc.
- Apply thin layers of your topcoat until you finish the entire container
- Allow two hours between coats if you are using a Retique It waterbased topcoat
- Follow directions for dry time on any other brand of topcoat
- Retique It will only support the use of our brand of topcoats