- Looks & feels like wood - This is genuine liquid wood, not a faux finish therefore it looks like wood, feels like wood because it IS wood
- Stainable and sustainable™ - Contains 65% recycled wood fibers
- Easy to use - Just paint it, stain it and seal it (See below)
- Safe to use - Water based, low VOC and low odor
- Easy clean up - Just use soap and water
- Wood finish anywhere - Now you can put a wood finish over painted, stained, MDF, metal, virtually any hard surface
- Transform furniture
- Doors including garage doors
- Virtually any hard surface
Retique It® liquid wood is a patented, revolutionary new product which makes virtually any hard surface stainable without having to strip off the old finish. The surface will become like bare wood because Retique It contains real wood. When you apply Retique It to a surface you are actually applying a thin layer of wood which can be finished using any color stain.
Retique It® is water-based, biodegradable, and has virtually no VOC’s, with no offensive smell and less damage to our environment.
Retique It® can be applied using an inexpensive paint brush or paint sprayer by professionals and DIYer’s alike. Cleanup is as simple as using soap and water.
Retique It® allows you to skip the time-consuming step of stripping the old finish. The adhesion and absorption properties are excellent, which allows your stain to absorb like it would on an unfinished wood surface. After applying Retique It, you can use any manufacturer’s stain, paint or sealant to create the look and finish you want.
- Pour 1-part denatured alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) and 1-part water into a spray bottle or bowl. Wipe surface down with mixture.
- Apply one coat of Retique It® Light Wood as your base coat.
- Make your final strokes long and even. (Stay consistent with the direction you want the grain)
If you ordered a Brushed Finish Kit, then you can skip this step. A graining tool is not included in the Brushed Finish Kit.
The graining tool is used to get a pronounced grain.
NOTE: If you received 2 liquid wood shades in a kit, then the smaller container of liquid wood should be used as the graining coat.
With Retique It® Water-based Gel Stain
- Put on protective gloves (Optional)
- Thoroughly stir your stain.